Night before last, Trey was on the mainland, I was tired, and if we had TV, I would have been asleep in front of it by 8:45. Instead I was visiting blogs I like, when I stumbled across a friend's great idea: devote 15 min. to cleaning one area of your house. Stick to it, and just see what you get done. If you don't finish, no pressure, just move to the next. I was impressed, and then I looked over my shoulder at my disaster-zones and realized I really needed to take on the challenge (well, as much as I could...we'll not talk about the sewing room/art studio/guest room/office. It was too scary).
So, here are the results:
dining room before.
after!
with 5 minutes to spare!
What's taken me so long to figure out this could be almost fun?!? And I found those long-lost swim goggles!
kitchen before
(yes mom, that's laundry on the floor:)
living room before
Could I really be just 30 minutes from putting my feet up in a clean house?
kitchen after
I cashed in my extra 5 minutes from the dining room and finished the dishes...
but
living room after
Quite pleased with myself, and well satisfied with my valiant effort, I was ready for bed.
but...
my bed wasn't ready for me.
I'd forgotten about my closet clean-out plans. UGH.
the one bright spot
my new shoes (in the middle of the floor, of course!)
15 minutes later!
I so wanted to dump it all on the floor.
But I was so glad I didn't when I woke before the sun (4:30 a.m. to be exact) w/ Annika teething, and I didn't trip over a thing!
Now my bed was ready for me. And boy was I ready.
Im so glad you tried it and Im glad you took pics! Im still surprised how much I hate to start doing it -then LOVE how great it feels after I did! Good Job!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd with a "catch all room" -you'd be surprised how much you can do, a little at a time, in 15 min. segments. (Thats how I worked on my garage)
Yup, the laundry can be the largest of the mountains. Mine's in the hall ready to go down before school this morning. I am trying to get this place clean before the Douglas visit. One room at a time!
ReplyDeletefun pics! Thanks for sharing....way to stay in the groove with Troy island hoppin!
ReplyDeletecute shoes - clean house - sleeping babies... what more to ask for ;)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the island is its own room... and on your bed, is your floral embroidered pillow from IKEA? Because I think I have the same one... I bought all this new bedding from there and Pottery Barn and ended up keeping all the old bedding with just the one new "Happy Pillow"... thinking you have the same one makes it just that much happier! :)
ReplyDelete