_______________________________
The energy that makes a child hard to manage is the energy that makes him a manager of life.
- Henry Ward Beecher
_______________________________
I love this. Today I spent what seemed like an eternity training Annika not to stand up on the chairs outside. I really was ready to throw in the towel. I had to wonder if the whole neighborhood was sick of hearing "No, Annika. Sit." I started wondering if they think we have a new puppy or something. "Sit, Annika." "GOOD GIRL!" It went on and on! She almost seemed to think it was fun, but towards the end, she was getting more annoyed than I, and I knew it was worth it... she was getting the idea at last. And I wasn't going to be in the ER w/ a wailing kids who cracked her noggin, and my tail between my legs for not teaching her what's right. But most of all, I have to think that Beecher knows that the more will our kids have, the less they'll be rocked about by the world. Here's hopin'.
good job mamma
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought the quote related to Hans:) Annika is so like her mommy with the quiet iron will. Excellent!
ReplyDeleteWithout you attentive, committed, loving moms, the world would be in big trouble, not to mention all the cracked noggins.
as usually uplifted and drawn to the beauty that is your blog. miss you all
ReplyDeletenow that picture is real special! priceless
ReplyDelete