a new painting and a new venture


While my mom was here she helped out so much with so many things (baking, laundry, making curtains, making my kids happy, you name it!)  One thing she did was hang w/ the kids at Kailua Beach Park while I got some time to paint. It was one of those magical days w/ spots of sun and clouds, and I had a blast! This little sketch is from that day, and I'm so inspired to paint more. The ocean has so many amazing colors, and I think its newness to me pushes me to really look hard and try things w/ colors I may not have thought to use before.

I also started up a little Etsy Shop where I can sell prints, cards, books, etc. Thanks for all the encouragement, Trey, Stacy, Mom & Dad, Mary and so many others! I'm so excited about finally answering the requests of so many of you out there to get my stuff easy to purchase. So here we go!
   

Comments

  1. this looks great -can't wait to see lots and lots of hawaii paintings! maybe some of those awesome flowers in hawaii!! great etsy as well - i am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this so much--what a pleasure to see so many beautiful creations in such a variety of techniques. I am so glad we'll be able to access your work more easily.
    Congratulations, and thank you!
    You've got such talent, and how nice that now we can better share in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this painting!!! Maybe in the next week or so we could set up a painting date - although I can't promise a quiet, sleeping baby ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment