The Bostroms in Hawai'i

Stacy, Johan and Gavin came from San Diego to visit, and we love to have them!
Stacy and I both have a sort of ridiculous love of the ocean so we're having a ridiculously great time!
I'd say our kiddos are getting that same kind of love!
We took a trip to the North Shore, along the Ko'olau Mountains.
The plumeria are just blooming and I was so excited because they are just one of my favorite flowers here. Stacy took this.
These are some of my other favorites! Gavin really does smile like this all the time (I thought they must've taken millions of pics and tossed all the 'non-smile' ones, but this is just what he does 90% of the time!)
We stopped at a roadside stand on our North Shore trip for a coconut and some guavas,, and saw no big waves at all (pretty peaceful).
Saturday we finally made it to the beach at sunrise! This has been something I've been wanting to do since we moved here, and it was so beautiful! The kids are up at the first bird anyway, so why stay inside?!? 
The best part was swimming into the sunrise, and watching the sun through the waves...I didn't want to get out! I love it so much...
I think it rubbed off on Hans because today when we went back to the beach, Hans was so excited to get into the water. He ran all the way down to the water and just kept wanting to go farther and farther into the waves, with the water splashing over his head, squealing with delight, (holding my hand, of course) ...a big deal for him! 
Johan, Stacy and Gavin are so fun to have here, and this whole post seems a little surreal to me. I'm so used to driving down Oneawa St. to Safeway and back but sharing our life makes it fresh again and reminds me of how beautiful it is.   

Comments

  1. Splendid! Everything and everybody is simply beautiful AND wonderfully fun.
    Enjoy!
    Love,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! WOW there is some serious beauty in HI!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment